Curious About Managing Change?
Welcome to the Change Management hub at Inevitabl.
You're familiar with the saying that change is the only constant. You've experienced it personally and professionally.
You've seen what happens when it doesn't go according to plan, if there ever had been a strategy in the first place.
That brings up a good question. Two, in fact.
What Subscribers Say About Inevitabl Insights Weekly... ⤵️
Can You Plan for Change? Can You Manage Change?
Like physical muscles that must be exercised, the change management
process is one that when not practiced frequently or consistently can
deliver unfavorable results.
The use it or lose it philosophy applies.
"But, I've gotten good results before without having a plan."
that may be the case for some, and it's awesome when things do work out
that way, it can be difficult to duplicate results that happened by
Random processes yield random results. When there are
personal or professional stakes on the line, you'll want the confidence
of a proven system.
With that in mind, this page holds several
articles that will highlight key elements of change management, clarify
best practices, and help you to better address change for yourself or
Have a question or story about change management? Skip ahead and share it here.
Change Management Fundamentals.
These next two articles will provide a foundation for your understanding of change.
Taking time to read through each will help you walk before you run, or enter the world of a generalist before you become a specialist.
- Change Management Process - The framework for change to which I most
closely subscribe is Kotter's 8 step change model. In this article, I
introduce and explore each of the eight steps, with insight on best
practices for implementation.
- What Is Change Management? - Learn about the fundamentals of change with
application to individuals, teams, departments, and across domestic and
More On Managing Change.
- Change Management Plan - With 70% of organizational change efforts ending in failure, is it possible to be part of the other 30%? Why even have a change strategy at all? These questions and more answered.
- Change Management Strategy - Learn about the influence of growth mindset on change management strategy and the differences between traditional approaches to organizational problem-solving versus a gymnastic enterprise approach.
- Human Resources Management - Organizational change doesn't occur in one department alone. Its impacts are felt across companies. Key to success in change are the members of your human resources department as their influence is a constant from recruiting to employee retention to development of strategy and its communication.
- Business Management Degree - Is a degree in business administration
necessary to be able to identify a need for or to foster an
organizational culture that is accepting of change? Learn how you can
begin cultivating an environment, and a workforce, that expects,
accepts, and supports change in your organization.
- Customer Relationship Management - While, previously, organizations may have been able to enact change through strategic development and communication that was internal only, the influence, demands, and behaviors of external stakeholders is changing this landscape. Learn about stakeholder analysis, management, and inclusion and how it can further the progress toward project or organizational achievement.
- Leadership and Management - How important is the involvement of senior or executive leaders in reaching a successful project outcome? Is there a difference between leaders and managers? Learn more about modeling the way, creating a sense of us, and how other leadership theories influence organizational change.
- Resistance To Change - Learn about 3 types of change resistance in organizations and how to address them to earn employee trust, buy-in, and support of change efforts.
- Social Media Management - No longer a nice-to-have, active presence and engagement on social media platforms has the power to further the acceptance and support of change initiatives with diverse internal and external audiences.
- Change Management Plans - Learn how employee engagement, stakeholder analysis, and encouraging diverse and inclusion can enhance the success of your change management projects.
For More On Change Management.
This section of the site is an excellent primer for insight on methodologies, tools, and resources that can support successful change efforts.
To continue your learning:
- Get our free 3-day email e-course on employee engagement
- Schedule a complimentary discovery session
David Bohmiller, MBA, MS (he/him/his)
Founder, CEO and Consulting Executive
Share Your Question or Story About Change Management.
Use the form below to ask a question or share your story about change management.
The more detailed your question, the better.
The more detailed your story or tips (while protecting the identities of those involved), the better.
Did You Enjoy This Article? Share It On Social Media.
Help us spread the word about our site and this change management article by sharing it with your friends, fans, or followers.
Click on the icon(s) below for your preferred social media platform and
share away. Thank you!
Book Your Discovery Session. 🗓️
Find Out If We're A Good Fit For Your Coaching Or Consulting Needs By Scheduling A Free 30-Minute Discovery Session.
Need a time other than what's available? Contact us.