Curious About Managing Organizational Change?
Welcome to the Change Management hub at Inevitabl.
You're familiar with the saying that change is the only constant. You've experienced it personally and professionally. You've seen what happens when it doesn't go according to plan, if there ever had been a strategy in the first place. That brings up a good question. Two, in fact.
Can You Plan for Change? Can You Manage Change?
Like physical muscles that must be exercised, the change management
process is one that when not practiced frequently or consistently can
deliver unfavorable results. The use it or lose it philosophy applies.
"But, I've gotten good results before without having a plan."
that may be the case for some, and it's awesome when things do work out
that way, it can be difficult to duplicate results that happened by
chance. Random processes yield random results. When there are
personal or professional stakes on the line, you'll want the confidence
of a proven system. With that in mind, this page holds several
articles that will highlight key elements of change management, clarify
best practices, and help you to better address change for yourself or
Have a question or story about change management? Skip ahead and share it here.
Change Management Fundamentals.
These next two articles will provide a foundation for your understanding of change. Taking time to read through each will help you walk before you run, or enter the world of a generalist before you become a specialist.
Change Management Process - The framework for change to which I most-closely subscribe is Kotter's 8 step change model. In this article, I introduce and explore each of the 8 steps, with insight on best practices for implementation.
What Is Change Management? - Learn about the fundamentals of change with application to individuals, teams, departments, and across domestic and international organizations.
More On Managing Change.
- ADKAR Change Model - Learn about ADKAR, one of the most well-recognized frameworks for change, and its 5 steps of awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement.
- Business Management Degree - Is a degree in business administration
necessary to be able to identify a need for or to foster an
organizational culture that is accepting of change? Learn how you can
begin cultivating an environment, and a workforce, that expects,
accepts, and supports change in your organization.
- Change Management Plan - With 70% of organizational change efforts ending in failure, is it possible to be part of the other 30%? Why even have a change strategy at all? These questions and more answered.
- Change Management Plans - Learn how employee engagement, stakeholder analysis, and encouraging diverse and inclusion can enhance the success of your change management projects.
- Change Management Strategy - Learn about the influence of growth mindset on change management strategy and the differences between traditional approaches to organizational problem-solving versus a gymnastic enterprise approach.
- Customer Relationship Management - While, previously, organizations may have been able to enact change through strategic development and communication that was internal only, the influence, demands, and behaviors of external stakeholders is changing this landscape. Learn about stakeholder analysis, management, and inclusion and how it can further the progress toward project or organizational achievement.
- Human Resources Management - Organizational change doesn't occur in one department alone. Its impacts are felt across companies. Key to success in change are the members of your human resources department as their influence is a constant from recruiting to employee retention to development of strategy and its communication.
- Leadership and Management - How important is the involvement of senior or executive leaders in reaching a successful project outcome? Is there a difference between leaders and managers? Learn more about modeling the way, creating a sense of us, and how other leadership theories influence organizational change.
- Resistance To Change - Learn about 3 types of change resistance in organizations and how to address them to earn employee trust, buy-in, and support of change efforts.
- Social Media Management - No longer a nice-to-have, active presence and engagement on social media platforms has the power to further the acceptance and support of change initiatives with diverse internal and external audiences.
For More On Change Management.
This section of the site is an excellent primer for insight on
methodologies, tools, and resources that can support successful change
To continue your learning:
David Bohmiller, MBA, MS (he/him/his)
Founder, CEO and Consulting Executive
Share Your Question or Story About Change Management.
Use the form below ⤵️ to ask a question or share your story about change management.
- The more detailed your question, the better.
- The more detailed your story or tips, while protecting the identities of those involved, the better.
Did You Enjoy This Article? Share It On Social Media.
Help us spread the word about our site and this change management article by sharing it with your friends, fans, or followers.
Click on the icon(s) below for your preferred social media platform and
share away. Thank you!
Choose Your Next Step. ⤵️
1:1 development of producers, managers, executives, & entrepreneurs to
hone business skills, advance careers, lead teams, and grow businesses.
Have questions? Contact us.
Organizational change management, employee
engagement strategies, and implementation support to reduce costs and improve
Have questions? Contact us.
Download Your FREE Employee Engagement Guide 📘
FREE blueprint to engage teams and fight back against lost productivity